If you ever worry about your privacy on the blockchain, you must seek ways to buy and send bitcoin without anyone knowing. This article is here to help you!
The Reason to buy and send bitcoin without anyone knowing
The mainstream media often claims that Bitcoin is anonymous and used for money laundering. Yet, that’s actually pretty far from the truth. In reality, Bitcoin transactions are actually even more transparent than ones with physical money.
All Bitcoin transactions are public, traceable, and stored on the Bitcoin network. Bitcoin addresses are the only information used to define where Bitcoin is allocated and where it is sent. These addresses are created privately by each user’s wallet.
However, once addresses are used, the history of all the transactions in which they are involved becomes public knowledge; anyone can see the balance and all the transactions of any address.
If you don’t mind that your transactions are traceable, keep using BTC as usual. However, if you ever wonder about your privacy, you must seek ways to buy and send bitcoin without anyone knowing.
Three ways to buy Bitcoin without ID Verification
1. LocalCryptos.com – The marketplace to buy BTC anonymously
Localcryptos.com is a peer-to-peer (P2P) marketplace that doesn’t ask for your ID information. This platform provides a marketplace for buyers and sellers from all over the world. You can easily find a way to buy and send bitcoin without anyone knowing in this platform.
You can find a suitable seller on the site and arrange a purchase online or offline. Localcryptos supports cash, PayPal, wire transfers and many other payment methods.
The wallet is non-custodial, which means you keep full control over your funds. Localcryptos only works as an escrow manager, helping users find the best partners.
Localcryptos allows the user to buy Bitcoin without ID verification and also supports a wide variety of payment methods. The platform upholds users’ privacy and security.
- High fees: The fees are set at 0.25% for sellers and 0.75% for buyers.
- Variable prices: As there are many sellers on the exchange, they can set wildly different prices combined with many kinds of fees. Sometimes you may find a suitable seller but they’re asking for an unreasonably high price.
- High risk: You must check the reputation of the seller carefully. These kinds of trading marketplaces can be a haven for scammers.
2. Person to Person Purchasing – Buy Bitcoin offline
There are many online methods to buy Bitcoin anonymously; but how can we do it offline?
As the adoption of Bitcoin increases, you may find a surprising number of people who earn a living by trading Bitcoin near you. Naturally, they’re willing to sell BTC directly to you for a very reasonable price.
As these kinds of sellers don’t pay for fees on the exchange or taxation, they sometimes provide a lower price than the market. You can pay by cash, bank transfer or any method that the seller accepts.
Through this method, no one knows it’s you buying that Bitcoin and how much you paid. It’s totally anonymous.
- It’s easy to find a seller: You can join some communities on Facebook, Telegram and ask for a face-to-face seller that lives near you.
- Lower fees and prices: As previously mentioned, both of you don’t pay any extra fees, so the prices are usually more palatable.
- Scammers Alert! It’s hard to evaluate the reputation of the sellers. Do your research and find a trustworthy one.
- This method is better suited to more advanced users who know exactly what they’re looking for, not really for beginners.
3. Changelly and ShapeShift – Buy Bitcoin with Altcoins
Another popular way of buying Bitcoin without ID verification is through ShapeShift or Changelly. You don’t need to fill in any KYC info on these platforms as you do with other crypto exchanges.
All you need is an email address to sign up for an account on Changelly, and ShapeShift doesn’t even require one!
However, the biggest disadvantage of this method is that you need to trade Bitcoin for Altcoins. That means you must pay in ETH, BCH, XRP, DASH or other coins to buy BTC on these platforms. You cannot use cash or any payment method related to cash.
- Easy and instant: You can buy BTC at the market price instantly on Changelly and ShapeShift.
- No ID required.
- No extra fees.
- You can ONLY pay with Altcoins. That means you need to own some coins before or you need to buy some on other exchanges.
4. Other ways to buy BTC anonymously
There are not just three ways to buy BTC without ID verification. In addition to the aforementioned, there are other methods that may be more suitable for you.
One popular option is via a Bitcoin ATM machine, which are physical machines that accept your fiat currency and dispense Bitcoin in return. Many Bitcoin ATMs require some KYC information, but you can still find anonymous ones that allow purchases without the need for identification.
Three ways to send bitcoin without anyone knowing
1. Incognito Wallet – The best wallet to use to send Bitcoin anonymously
The idea to send bitcoin without anyone knowing is the main purpose of a private crypto wallet. With one, you can send Bitcoin (or other assets) without anyone having any details of the sender, receiver or how much was involved.
The Incognito Wallet is exactly that. Incognito isn’t just another privacy coin like Zcash or Monero. Incognito turns all your favorite coins into privacy coins. One tap turns your Bitcoin into privacy Bitcoin. Another switches it back to being public again. Congratulations, you’ve just found the most convenient way to send Bitcoin anonymously.
- No one can see your balance or track your activity. As a result, you take back control and don’t need to trust any entity with your personal data or transactions.
- The Incognito private crypto wallet is both user-friendly and technologically innovative.
- It’s totally free. You don’t need to pay for any of its awesome features. Now, the question “how do I send Bitcoin anonymously?” is answered!
- The wallet is new in the space, so some people who have already gotten used to other wallets might find it hard to switch.
- The Incognito Wallet does not currently list as many coins as some other wallets, though this figure is growing.
2. Bitcoin Mixing – Keep your Bitcoin transaction anonymous
Bitcoin mixing is a process that tries to break the link or traceability between addresses.
Mixing Bitcoin breaks the link between wallet addresses by either creating temporary addresses or by swapping coins with other addresses of the same value. This makes it much harder to follow transactions on the blockchain.
There are many Bitcoin mixing services that you can choose from, such as Smartmixer, Wasabi Wallet or Samourai Whirlpool.
With Bitcoin mixing, no one can track your transactions and figure out your actual address. How perfect it helps to send bitcoin without anyone knowing!
- It’s not free – users have to pay for the service.
- Bitcoin mixing is often associated with Bitcoin laundering and Bitcoin washing, which you don’t want to be inadvertently involved in.
- You must trust the service providers not to steal your funds and keep your login history secure.
3. Tor or Brave browser – Stay anonymous on the Internet
If you weren’t aware, most common web browsers track your data, IP address, and browsing history, even when you’re using incognito mode. When buying, selling or storing Bitcoin, you’re better off using a privacy browser like Tor or Brave, which is also a blockchain project.
Moreover, you could use a VPN that doesn’t store the history of your activities on their servers. VPNs encrypt all of your Internet traffic and route it through multiple servers of your choice at different locations, before arriving at its final destination.
Using a VPN is another way to improve the anonymity of your Bitcoin transactions. However, you will have to trust the VPN service provider not to log your activities.
- Even if you don’t need to make a Bitcoin transaction, using a private web browser and/or a VPN is a solid way to protect your data, especially financial data.
- Many private browsers are now free to use.
- Some VPNs/Private browsers are not particularly user-friendly.
- If you’re not a high-tech person, you may find it hard to switch your habits over to these methods.
4. How do I send bitcoin without anyone knowing?
In all honesty, though it’s time-consuming, combining all of the previously mentioned methods is the best way to keep your Bitcoin transactions truly untraceable.
Use Bitcoin Mixing services for different addresses of incoming and outgoing transactions. Try Tor and Brave browser to hide your IP address and history.
However, if you send and receive Bitcoin frequently, you really should use Incognito Wallet. It’s quick and convenient for turning your coins into private BTC, so you can send bitcoin without anyone knowing. In addition, no one can find out how much you sent, who received it or what your address is.
You should definitely value your privacy and seek ways to buy and send bitcoin without anyone knowing. As we’ve seen, each of the methods listed has its own pros and cons and can even sometimes come with risks involved. All you need to do is research carefully and avoid the riskier ways of keeping your trading anonymous.
Always remember that privacy costs, but the extra money you exchange for your privacy is certainly money well spent.